Wanting to build magnetic leadership positioning on LinkedIn?
It is important to know that LinkedIn is such a different platform and requires a completely different strategy!
LinkedIn is truly a platform to build your thought leadership and to be seen by some of the most influential business leaders in the world.
Some advice I give my clients on how to get started on LinkedIn:
- Focus first on optimizing your profile for your audience to find you with the right keywords, having recommendations and also commenting on posts in your network so your posts start to pop up in their feed.
- Make building your positioning a priority. Focus on building your positioning in your industry through writing articles and sharing valuable video content.
- LinkedIn tends to optimise people’s profiles who share video content and also PDFs compared to written posts, even though they are still important. If you share links, ensure they are in the comments of your posts rather than the body of the post as LinkedIn will then put your future posts at the bottom.
- In terms of connecting, adding value on other peoples posts is a great way for people to get to know you and what you do, and once they start commenting on your posts you can create a relationship through the message option as well using voice notes as it is more personalized.
- Your network really counts. Nurture, nurture, nurture!
What not to do on LinkedIn…
- Send connection requests without introducing yourself and mentioning why you want to connect. I want to know who you are and why you want to connect.
- Sales pitches in other peoples inbox. Build a relationship first. It is simple, yet often forgotten!
LinkedIn is such a great platform to share your thoughts and expression and start creating valuable leadership.
Consistency, clarity and confidence are key when sharing your message.
Kelly Kozaris is the leadership and transformational coach + mentor for female thought leaders, executive and business women and host of a pretty cool podcast called Purpose Driven Leaders. She supports leading women to create their magnetic leadership proposition through enhancing their confidence, visibility and influence to become well compensated, high impact women.
Her mission is to give women a platform to share their brilliance and their voice by leading and supporting women in being the leader they need to be to fulfill their vision.